To provide a quality engineering education that enables students to enter a profession that can improve the civil infrastructure and economic welfare.
To provide the students with a broad and thorough education in fundamentals, applications, design and execution, that equips them with necessary skills to become a successful professional Civil engineers
Our Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2008-2009 with initial sanctioned strength of 30 Nos and now the intake of students was increased to 60 during the academic year 2011-2012. The need and importance of Civil Engineers, here at CAPE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Civil Engineering Department impart students, the latest and current technological revolution in this field with the implementation of applying the very latest concepts in design, analysis together with the aid of computer-aided design (CAD), STAAD pro, ANSYS, STRUDS etc., in construction, project scheduling, and cost control. The ultimate need of the students who are the future emerging Civil Engineers is satisfied then and there with all the upgraded technologies in our Department
- Established in the year 2008 , committed to motivate and educate the future pillars of the nation by comprehensive , student centric learning approach through workshops, lab sessions, assignments, industrial training,seminars and projects.
- Focussed on developing creativity in finest infrastructure,with the best amenities at low cost,within short span of time.
- Cultivates positive attitude,strong domain knowledge and independent thinking.
- Has highly qualified,experienced and dedicated faculty with expertise in diverse field,participating in research and consultancy work.
- Has excellent laboratory facilities in soil mechanics, surveying,fluid mechanics ,strength of materials,highway and CAD CAM.
- Organises regularly international and national conferences,seminars, workshops and special lectures to impartquality education and training.
- Has secured 6 university ranks from Anna University.
- Organises a 7 days training for third year students,on Total Station by Geo Info Media Pvt.Ltd.,Chennai.
- Has conducted a national level technical workshop on Prestress Concrete Structures and Advances in Survey Techniques in GPS.
Has conducted a project expo for polytechnic students.
Name of the Faculty
|1||Mr. MATHIARASAN K||Assistant Professor|
|2||Mr. RAJESWARAN K||Assistant Professor|
|3||Mr. NAGENDRAN N||Assistant Professor|
|4||Ms. SELVAVIJI R||Assistant Professor|
|5||Mrs. RAJESWARI T||Assistant Professor|
|6||Ms. HEMA LAKSHMI J S||Assistant Professor|
|7||Ms. ABINAYA KL||Assistant Professor|
|8||Mr. MELBIN JOEL H||Assistant Professor|
|9||Mr. SATHEESH R.M||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mrs. ABIRAMI A||Assistant Professor|
|11||Mrs. CELIN JOTHI M||Assistant Professor|
|12||Mr. SAGAYA AROKIA RAJ P||Assistant Professor|
|13||Mrs. MARY KALA Y||Assistant Professor|
|14||Mr. RETNA KUMAR N||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr. J JEYAHAR||Assistant Professor|
|16||Mr. RADHAKRISHNAN M||Assistant Professor|
|17||Ms. RETHNA SELVAM M||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mr. GOPALA RAMANUJAM E||Assistant Professor|
|19||Mr. RAJAKUMAR T||Assistant Professor|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. To train the students so that they can work and contribute to the infrastructure development projects being undertaken by Govt. and private or any other sector companies.
2. To train students in such as a way that they can pursue higher studies so that they can contribute to the teaching profession/ research and development of civil engineering and other allied fields.
3. To train students in a manner that they should function effectively in the multicultural and multidisciplinary groups for the sustainable development and growth of civil engineering projects and profession.
- Established in 2008 with an intake of 30.
- PEACE –Professional Enthusiastic Association of Civil Engineers
- Dr.B.Thanukumari get doctorate on April 2011.
- Got ISO 9001:2000 Certification in 2007 from TUV Suddeutche, Germany.
- Intake was increased to 60 in 2011.
- Intake was increased to 120 in 2012.
- Got 7 University Ranks in UG Degree so far.
- Got 5 University Ranks in PG Degree so far
- So far Four National Level Technical Symposiums and Two National Workshops were conducted.
- Various final year students got placed in different companies in campus interview
- Academic Topper in Cape Institute of Technology in the Academic year 2013-2014
- Mrs.C.Selva Uma, Asst.Prof./Civil got the Gold Medal in the in the Anna University of Technology, 2010 P.G. Exam.
- Got 1 University Rank under Anna University of Technology Tirunelveli in 2012.
- Got 2 University Ranks under Anna University of Technology Tirunelveli in 2013.
- Training on Total Station attended by 70 students by Geo Info Media Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- More than thirty students have attended various workshops
- Thirty students have gone for paper presentation
- Twenty students attended Cad Modeling and three students won the prizes
- Fifteen Students have attended Code Cracking and four students won the prizes
- Four students have won the technical quiz competition.
- Ten students attended In plant training at L&T Chennai.
About Association :
PEACE –Professionally Enthusiastic Association of Civil Engineers
- We conducted ASSOCIATION function for our civil department on March 03,2010
- The chief guest for the function was Prof. G. Appa Rao Associate Professor, Structural Engineering Division IIT, CHENNAI, Chief Guest presided over the function.
- Students presented various seminars on civil Engineering topics and its advances in modern world.
- Technical Quiz and CADD contest were conducted
- Prizes were distributed based on the outstanding ideas presented.
- The Association paved way for a sharing of knowledge between students
- Has secured 6 university ranks from Anna University.
EVENTS ORGANIZED DURING ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15
- One day Workshop on Prestressed Concrete Structures was conducted on 1th August 2014 in association with Utracon Structural Systems India Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- One day GPS Workshop was conducted on 30th Jan 2015 in association with Geo Info Media Pvt.Ltd.
- Two days Workshop on StaadPro was conducted on 5th & 6thFebrauary 2015 by IIT Karagpur.
- Globe 2K15 (Project Expo for Polytechnic Students) was conducted on 27th of feb 2015.
- National level technical symposium of CENO 2k14 was conducted 15th March 2014.
- National level technical symposium of CENO 2k15 was conducted 3th March 2015.