To produce Electronics & Communication Engineers capable of developing solutions with economical and social responsibility.
- To impart high quality education with ethical behavior.
- To equip the students compatible with recent trends in Electronic industries.
- To develop leadership qualities with humanity, wisdom, creativity and team spirit.
- To provide a passionate environment for continual learning.
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was started in the year 2001. The department has a team of highly qualified and dedicated faculty to impart technical education. We have well equipped laboratories with all the required equipments and software needed for practical & research oriented work of students. The department aspires to conduct International / National level symposium/ conferences/ workshops every year and inspires the student and faculty members to participate in various technical research activities.
- Established in the year 2001, has well equipped with highly commendable facilities and effectively guided by a team of devoted and diligent faculty members.
- Organized National Seminars and workshops in topics of recent trend to enhance the knowledge of faculty and students.
- Organized a student level symposium every year with students from various colleges participating in different technical events and paper presentations.
- Organized an international conference every year to enabling researchers all over the globe to present their innovations to the budding technical community.
- Got ISO 9001:2000 certification in 2007 from TUV Suddeutche,Germany and recertified with ISO 9001:2008.
- IEEE student branch was inaugurated by Mrs.Ramalatha Marimuthu,IEEE WIE Chairperson,IEEE Chennai section.
- The staff and students are members of IEEE and ISTE.
- At the year of inception of the IEEE student chapter , credited with funding projects from IEEE like Sangamam, to technically educate rural students.
- Signed MoU s with Cosmic Circuits (P) Ltd,Bangalore,UTL Technologies Ltd,Bangalore and Electronics For You,New Delhi enhancing the Industry Institute interaction for exposing the student community to the emerging technologies.
|01||Mrs. EMERALD SHIA S||Assistant Professor|
|02||Mr. SOLOMON ROACH R||Assistant Professor|
|03||Mrs. SUBOTHA SP||Assistant Professor|
|04||Mrs. ANGELIN VITUS RIMOLIN A||Assistant Professor|
|05||Mrs. SHUNMUGATHAMMAL M||Assistant Professor|
|06||Mr. SELVIN RETNA RAJ T||Assistant Professor|
|07||Ms. ANANDHI R||Assistant Professor|
|08||Ms. ULAGAMMAL P S||Assistant Professor|
|09||Mrs. DEEPIKA C S||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mr. FRANK BETLIN M||Assistant Professor|
|11||Mr. DAVID NIJU S F||Assistant Professor|
|12||Ms. RANSOM GEETHU J||Assistant Professor|
|13||Ms. SANTHYA GB||Assistant Professor|
|14||Mr. MUTHU GANESH R||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mrs. AHILA PONMALAR K J||Assistant Professor|
|16||Mr. ARUN G||Assistant Professor|
|17||Mr. GOBI K||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mr. RELINFRANCISRAJ J||Assistant Professor|
PEO 1:Graduates will have successful technical career in core and related fields.
PEO 2: Graduates will pursue higher education and work in Research and Development for solving real world problems.
PEO 3: Graduates will have leadership qualities with social consciousness and ethics.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The students will have the ability to:
- Apply basic knowledge related to electronic circuits, embedded & communication systems and signal processing to solve engineering/societal problems.
- Design, verify and validate electronic functional elements for a variety of applications, with skills to interpret and communicate results.
- Use engineering & management concepts to analyze specifications and prototype electronic experiments/projects either independently or in teams.
BE Electronics and Communication
- Established in 2001 with an intake of 60.
- RACE – Revolutionary Association for Communication Engineers was inaugurated by Dr.S.Kumaraswamy, Prof Emeritus, IIT Mumbai in 2003.
- Mrs.Chettiyar Vani Vivekanand, Asst.Prof/ECE got University Second in Anna University Chennai PG Examinations during 2006.
- Got ISO 9001:2000 Certification in 2007 from TUV Suddeutche,Germany.
- Intake was increased to 90 in 2008.
- MoU signed with Cosmic Circuits (P) Ltd,Bangalore, a leading Analog Chip Design Company on 11th Dec 2008. This was the first Indian Electronics Core company to be purchased by any Multi National Company. Now it is a part of CADENCE.
- MoU signed with UTL Technologies Ltd, Bangalore, a leading Telecom company on 10th Dec 2009.
- IEEE Student Branch was inaugurated by Mrs.Ramalatha Marimuthu, IEEE WIE Chairperson, IEEE Chennai Section in 2010.
- Got a funding from IEEE and conducted Sangamam Project for rural students in 2010. We have chosen Government Tribal Residential Higher Secondary School, Pechiparai and conducted two days program to educate school students in Basic Electronics and Computer courses.
- Recertified with ISO 9001:2008 in 2010.
- ntake was increased to 120 in 2013.
- MoU signed with Electronics For You, New Delhi on 12th Jan 2015.
- International Conference On Networks, Electronics, Communication & Control was conducted on 5th & 6th March 2015. Prof. Vijay K. Arora, Wilkes University, Pennsylvania was the Chief Guest.
- So far Nine National Level Technical Symposiums and Two National Conferences were conducted.
- Final Year Student R.A.Asvini has been selected as the President of IEEE Nagercoil Hub Congress.
- Got 10 University Ranks in UG Degree so far.
- Got 15 University Ranks in PG Degree so far.
EVENTS ORGANIZED DURING ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15
- Agile Cyber Solutions, Nagercoil has conducted Two days Workshop on Android on 28th & 29th September 2014 in association with Rotary Club of Nagercoil
- Pantech Solutions, Chennai has conducted Two days Workshop on Hands on Training – ARM 7 Processor o 28th & 29th October 2014.
- Dr.Karthigai Kumar, Professor & Head/Electronics & Telecommunication Department has conducted Two Days Workshop on Xilinx System Generator for Image Processing on 30th & 31st October 2014.
- EFY Tech Center, Training Division of EFY has conducted Three Days Workshop on Printed Circuit Board Designing from 4th to 6th December 2014.
- Thick Tecknologies, Coimbatore has conducted Six Days Certification Course on C & Embedded C from 15th to 20th December 2014.
- ECE & EEE jointly signed a MoU with Electronics For You, New Delhi on 15th December 2014 for establishing a training partnership.
- ECE & EEE jointly organized ELECTROSPARK-2K14- Project Awareness, Guidance & Exhibition on 16th December 2014 for Diploma Students.
- 86 Students have participated in the motivational talk “ Inspiring Ignited Minds” by Dr.A.Sivathanu Pillai, DS & CC R & D, CEO, BRAHMOS on 2nd January 2015.
- Thirty Students have enrolled in IEEE Student Branch of Cape during January 2015.
- Er.Prasanth Mohan from SP Robotic Works Pvt. Ltd., Chennai has given a lecture on robotics on 2nd February 2015. He also shared his journey on IEEE and its membership benefits.
- IEEE Student members went to University College of Engineering, Konam and saw demonstration of a solar refrigeration truck for the transportation of seafood given by Association of Deep Sea Going Artisanal Fishermen (ADSGAF) on 10th February 2015.
- The people from ADSGAF came to Cape on 25th February 2015 and explained about the problems being faced by them during sea voyage and gave some ways and means of overcoming. They asked the students to implement them.
- International Conference On Networks, Electronics, communication and Control – ICONECC 2015 was organized on 5th & 6th March 2015.
- Inter College Paper Contest on e-waste was conducted on 13th March 2015 by the IEEE Student Branch.
- COMMETRONICS 2K15 – 9th National Level Technical Symposium was conducted on 20th March 2015. Er.S.Sarangan, Chief Technology Officer, IT in Mass, Chennai was the chief guest and is an Alumni of 2003-2007 Batch ECE Department. Paper Presentation, Quiz and Best Manager events were conducted.
Revolutionary Association of Communication and Electronics Engineers was inaugurated by Dr. S.Kumarasamy Pillai, Professor Emeritus, IIT- Bombay in the year 2003 to admire the excellence of our department. We have organized many national level technical symposiums and conferences. Our Department is offering various activities for the students who are raring to enter the corporate world and introduce them to the prospective employers according to their aspirations and background.This enables our students to gain a competitive edge in the recruitment process, groom their confidence and develop their personality. Our activities include aptitude tests, mock interviews, group discussions, case studies on every Saturday afternoon session. The training modules will be formulated to improve our student`s skills like: Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Brain Strain, Speed Mathematics, Verbal Reasoning, Team Building, Group Discussion, Planning & Goal, Personal Grooming, Listening Skills, Logical Reasoning, Situational Conversation, Creativity, Time Management, Problem Solving.
|9||Ms.Mary Jency Prabha||2010-2014||43|