As per the direction of Anna University, Chennai by its letter bearing No.2502/SA 1/2013 on 15/5/2013 with regard to the security arrangements for girl students and also to ensure a safe environment for girl students and women employees a WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL has been established in our College on 27/6/2013.
“I would say India would become a powerful nation only if it secures a woman who would walk through the length and breadth of the country even at midnight without fear”. Remembering these words of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of our nation, we ,CAPE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ,have started a cell for women empowerment.
Objectives of the cell:
- To educate the environment (teaching and non –teaching) and students towards gender sensitization.
- To organize programmes on gender sensitization for both boys and girls.
- To provide a 24 hour helpline and help desk.
- To strengthen the physical and psychological attitude of women to handle critical circumstances.
- Role plays, street plays, games to be organized to help change the student behavior thereby,helping them to assume a responsible role.
- Surveillance cameras to be installed in all important and strategic places that can be monitored by the security officials of our college.
- The girl students are instructed to abstain using short cut paths to reach any destination in the campus ,especially during nights.
- Making an awareness of the Women’s act and legal consultative for safety and security of women.
- Creating awareness on the possible different forms of sexual harassment that would be imposed on women by the opposite sex.
- Providing counseling services to resident and non- resident students.
- A 24 hour helpline and help desk arranged.
The following dress code for students is desirable:
- Body fit clothing, transparent or revealing outfits should be avoided.
- For girls, salwar kumeez with duppatta is advisable.
- Torn, faded jeans, T shirts should not be allowed.
As per the instructions given by the UGC and the guidelines directed by the Anna University, Chennai, the Women Empowerment Cell of CAPE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY constitutes of the following staff members:
Core Team:–Name of the staff:
Subordinate Team:– Name of the staff:
|1||Mrs.P. Anne Jerita||AP-III||Physics & Ladies Hostel Warden||9486658223|
24 hour help line numbers:
|3||Ladies Hostel Warden||9486658223|
|4||Security Officer||04652-266076, 9442761022,8903782942|
|5||Security (Main gate)||9360597182|
|7||Public Relations Officer||9443845371|